[container background_color=”” background_image=”” text_color=””][full align=”left”]
Progress Testing, Inc. Needs Subject Editors in Math, Science, and ELA
Progress Testing, one of an elite group of companies focused on K-12 formative assessment, is seeking subject matter editors in the areas of K-12 Science, ELA, and Math to work in our offices. Multiple positions are available for smart and talented education writers in several academic areas.
We offer excellent pay, health insurance, paid vacations, and flexible work hours in a collegial corporate culture in Gainesville, FL.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop tests and related products in K-12 education. Write, review, and revise test questions. Assemble tests or pools of questions to meet specifications. Work independently and as part of a team; may also work with outside experts in a subject area.
- Write, review, and revise test items, gather and resolve feedback from multiple sources on items
- Create tests and question banks to meet specifications
- Align questions/banks to state and national standards
- Perform gap analyses and in other ways identify needs for new content development
- Recruit, train, mentor, and manage freelance item writers; help develop item writer training materials; assist with facilitation of item writer training meetings
- Assist in development of test blueprints
- Evaluate and refine tests based on reliability, validity, or comparability studies
- Apply knowledge of item statistics to evaluation of items and assembly of tests
- Address client issues in conjunction with Marketing and Sales teams
- Edit marketing and sales materials including website copy
- Review and edit other Editorial Team products
- Task Subject Team members with assignments, adhere to schedules, and bring projects into completion on time
- Attend Editorial Management meetings
- Use Basecamp for scheduling
- Master content management system and train others
- Fix any issues within content management system for entire Subject Team
- Proactively work toward shorter cycle time, reduced costs, greater client satisfaction, and quality maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in the humanities or in a related academic field is required
- Master’s degree or higher is preferred
- Three years of teaching experience in elementary, middle school, high school, and/or college
- Familiarity with assessment development and/or delivery
- Alternate equivalent or relevant experience will be considered
- Highly sophisticated writing and editing skills
- Detailed knowledge of syntax, grammar, usage, and mechanics
- Ability to analyze and copyedit writing with precision, acuity, and subtlety
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Experience in using basic software applications and Internet searches
We welcome all degreed applicants who are excellent writers, editors, and copyeditors. If this describes you, put your talents to work at Progress Testing by applying today.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND ANY WRITING SAMPLES TO
PLEASE NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE WRITING AND COPYEDITING TESTS